I learned a lot in 2015 and went through several shifts in my path. I talk about the major changes in those shifts in my 2015 Year in Review video, which just went public on my YouTube channel a few hours ago. I do feel that I'm not done with those lessons at all, and am continuing on the path they set out, so doubtless those three main messages from the Universe will go on to inform 2016. For reference, those messages, as I heard them, were
SPEAK YOUR TRUTH | BE YOUR TRUE SELF | BUILD YOUR BONES
But actually, there was one more preceding all these that I didn't consciously recognize or acknowledge as a Shift, but which definitely paved the way for the rest of these to occur. It was a resonant message shared in a Facebook post back in 2014, something I identified with as a lesson I needed to learn, and I made it the lock screen on my new smartphone so as to remember it. That was in the summer of 2014. It's still my lock screen now, because it's an ongoing reminder:
DO NO HARM (BUT TAKE NO SHIT)
Some beings left my life in 2015, for better, for worse, or with neutral results. New friends and allies entered, and oh, how welcome they are! New lessons, new skills, new family and community. New, and at the same time, old. Familiar. I'm talking about people, but I'm also talking about animals, allies of all species and corporeal states. Some cycles ended, and some began. A lot has happened, is still happening, and I'm encouraged by the progress and growth I've seen and am eager to continue.
So now, looking into 2016, I ask myself, what is my intention for the year?
There are some lessons I definitely want to keep in mind and keep working on that I would like to enumerate here, some of which are things learned at Witchcamp, others of which came out of other aspects of my life this year:
- The three main Shifts discussed above, as well as Taking No Shit
- Love. Love is bigger than all of this, than all of us. "There is nothing to fear when it's Love that you come from. There is nothing to fear when it's Love that you're made of." - Ginger Doss
- Listening to the Universe is an important, life-changing thing, in general for me.
- Cracks are how the light gets in.
- Time is my ally.
- We are the ones we've been waiting for/Be the ally.
- Living like a Witch, what that means to me.
I know that Love is a big one for me right now, and has been for a couple of years. Love kind of encompasses everything else, such as ally-ship and forming alliances and relating to allies, loving myself and therefore being my Self more authentically, loving others and continuing to grow in service to the community and also to my personal path... So perhaps Love, and my chosen Truth about it that I've come to know and share throughout this year--Love is bigger than all of this--is intention enough to go from. Operating from a place of Love. All extends from there. That Ginger Doss quote I mentioned has been a good one for me to express what I mean when I talk about the power of Love as a concept (noun, verb, all good stuff).
If I were to put these thoughts into some ritual intentions, they might look like this:
- Speaking the Truth from my Bones, I grow into my True Self.
- Made in Love.
- When the Universe calls, I will answer. When Allies speak, I will listen.
- "Live in ways that are sure to horrify the few and inspire the many." - Dr. Clarissa Pinkola Estes, The Dangerous Old Woman
Some things I want to work on developing in 2016:
- My art. Some of those intentions will likely be made into artful objects and given as gifts and/or shared with you via my Etsy shop.
- My relationships with my Allies, Deity, and the Universe.
- My sense of Self. Being Cara, being a Witch, my place in community, my place in solitude.
- My connection with Water and Earth, the receptive elements.
At this point, I'm not sure what single intention I hold for 2016. It definitely comes from Love, lifts up the Self, and speaks from the bones. It comes when the Universe beckons and embraces unexpected allies.
Until I choose, if I choose, a specific set of words strung into an intention, or a set of images to set my focus on, or any other number of ways to hold something with intent, I welcome the intent shared by Thorn Coyle and passed around in blessing for years now:
"Love. Health. Prosperity. Knowledge. And Great Sex!"
Blessed Be, and have a Happy New Year (whatever calendar system you use).